Thylacine Pursuing a Wallaby


 Years ago, I happened online somewhere of a painting, unmistakably the work of Jay Matternes, of a thylacine in pursuit of a wallaby. 

I was never able to find it again. There is so much of Matternes art that appeared in books over the years, especially by National Geographic it seems, that is not readily available. Even the recent paleoart book Lost Worlds the Art of Jay Matternes, mostly focused a few of his most famous murals. 

The other week I went searching for some NG books on australia. I found that this one featured some of Matternes' art, so I bought it, wondering if just possibly it might contain the above painting. 

There are only two other Matternes wildlife pics, one of a platapus, and the other of a dibbler. But lo and behold! There was the pic I'd been long searching for. And here it is for all to see. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Madagascar's Extinct Fauna

The Vanished Animals of East Africa

On the Matter of Thylacines